Monthly Archives: April 2022

LifeVac Saves 57-Year-Old in Choking Emergency – #303

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 303rd life saved On March 14th we received news that a 57-year-old woman with Huntington’s Disease choked on a meatball.  The food caused a full blockage of her airway.  Abdominal thrusts were performed by her husband but she is quite frail and they were unsuccessful.  LifeVac was then utilized [...]

Man Choking on Steak Saved with LifeVac – #301

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 301st life saved. On March 9th a 47-year-old male choked on a piece of steak. The gentleman was having dinner with the family when his sister-in-law realized he was choking.  As a nurse, she knew exactly what to do and immediately took action and started performing abdominal thrusts.  She [...]

LifeVac Used to save Man with Kennedy’s Disease– #300

LifeVac is overjoyed to announce our 300th life saved! On March 10th a 64-year-old male with Kennedy’s disease choked on a sandwich.  The food caused a total blockage of his airway.  His wife performed the Heimlich maneuver but was unsuccessful in dislodging the sandwich.  On the 1st Place, Push, Pull motion the obstruction was dislodged saving his life.  “He immediately stopped choking”  Thankfully [...]

LifeVac Used to Help Disabled Man – #299

LifeVac registers the 299th reported usage On February 24th a 54 yr old male (intellectually disabled) at a nursing home in Poland choked on a donut causing a total blockage of his airway. The choking victim was not discovered for 5-10 mins.  LifeVac was used several times and removed part of the obstruction. The LifeVac device assisted staff in being [...]

LifeVac Saves Woman in Long-Term Care Home – #298

LifeVac announces our 298th life saved. We are so pleased to announce an elderly female patient was saved at a long-term care home in Ontario, Canada! On February 3rd the elderly lady was eating pieces of ham and experienced a blockage. Staff quickly did chest compressions and finger sweeps but the blockage was still present. [...]

9-Year-Old Girl Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #296

LifeVac is thrilled to share news of our 296th life saved When a 9-year-old girl choked on a small toy her parents jumped into action to dislodge the obstruction.  Here is the frightening story shared by the child’s dad on the choking incident. “In February of 2022, my 9- year-old foster daughter, “A”, put a small [...]

4-Year-Old Girl with Autism Saved with LifeVac – #295

LifeVac announces our 295th life saved On February 22nd, a 4-year-old autistic girl started choking and was having difficulty breathing.  Her grandmother started choking rescue protocol right away.  Back blows were unsuccessful in dislodging the foreign body obstruction. LifeVac was then used and in the 3rd place, push, pull motion dislodged the obstruction. “I do [...]

7-year-old Boy Saved with LifeVac – #294

LifeVac announces our 294th life saved. It was reported to us that on February 19th a 7-year-old boy from Kentucky choked on a piece of bread.  The food caused a partial obstruction to the child’s airway.  The child’s parent carried out choking rescue procedures but was not able to dislodge the obstruction.  The child was laid down [...]