Monthly Archives: May 2022

Toddler Saved from Choking Using LifeVac – #333

LifeVac is delighted to share details on our 333rd life saved On April 22nd a 1 1/2-year-old little boy choked on a strawberry causing a total obstruction.  The child was not able to make any noise.  She attempted back blows 4-5 times. Choking rescue procedures were unsuccessful and the child was going limp before his mother’s eyes.  [...]

LifeVac is used to save 10-Month-Old Baby Girl – #332

LifeVac registers our 332nd life saved It was reported to us that on April 21st a 10-month-old baby girl in Alabama began to choke.  Her mother performed choking rescue procedures on her daughter immediately but was unsuccessful in dislodging the obstruction.  The child was laid on her back and LifeVac was utilized two times to [...]

3-Year-Old Boy Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac – #331

We are thrilled to share news of our 331st life saved A 3-year-old boy choked on a meatball causing a total obstruction. The child has enlarged tonsils and will be getting surgery next month. His mother performed choking rescue procedures immediately but back blows were unsuccessful.  The child was lifeless and unconscious. LifeVac was used 1 [...]

Caregiver Uses LifeVac to Save 86-Year-Old from Choking – #330

LifeVac announces our 330th life saved It was reported to us on March 2nd that another choking incident took place in California.  An 86-year-old woman with Parkinson’s Disease choked on a piece of chicken causing a partial obstruction.  Her daughter was with her at the time and called for her caregiver to come help.  The caregiver right [...]

8-Year-Old Chokes on Coin Saved with LifeVac – #329

We are proud to announce our 329th life saved It has been reported to us that on April 14th an 8-year-old boy in California choked on a quarter.  The coin caused a partial obstruction to the child’s airway.  The parents performed choking rescue procedures but attempts were unsuccessful.  LifeVac was then used on the child while [...]

Elderly Resident in Care Home Saved with LifeVac – #328

We are proud to announce our 328th life saved Our partners at LifeVac Europe reported to us that an elderly resident was eating dinner when a piece of food became lodged.  The food caused a full airway obstruction. Members of staff acted quickly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol. Unfortunately, the obstruction could not be dislodged, [...]

One-Year-Old Boy Saved by LifeVac – #324

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 324th life saved. It was reported to us that on April 10th a one-year-old boy from North Carolina experienced a choking incident.  He choked on Doritos causing a total obstruction.  The parent performed choking rescue procedures but was unsuccessful in removing the entire obstruction.  LifeVac was utilized and on [...]