Life Saved #2131

On April 20th, 2024 a 3-year-old boy choked on a nickel resulting in a total obstruction. Protocol was followed but was unsuccessful. LifeVac dislodged the obstruction on its second use allowing the boy to breathe again. His mother describes the incident as follows:

“He put a nickel in his mouth and tilted his head back. It got stuck in his throat, choking him. My husband tried to flip him to get it out, but I quickly got the lifevac. It was able to turn the nickel so he could breathe. It was still stuck, we had to get it removed in the pediatric ER. But they all agree, if it wasn’t for the lifevac rotating it, we’d be in a different situation. If it wasn’t for the LifeVac and me using it within seconds, the day would’ve had a much more severe devastating outcome. The Paramedic in the ambulance said he’s been trying to get LifeVacs on the rig. He showed me his forceps and said they work in worse case possible, but the lifevac would be faster. My son has little to no memory of the incident due to medicine they gave him when they put him asleep. He’s his extremely hyper, happy, energetic, loving, smart, amazing self. The next morning he came running in our room at 6:15am saying wake up! It’s morning time. Normally, I would’ve been annoyed. But that morning it was a blessing! Thank you so much!”