LifeVac saves first life within HC-One – The UK’s largest care home provider We are very pleased to share the amazing news that LifeVac has saved another person’s life in a choking emergency, in the UK care sector. A resident who resides in an HC-One care home in Scotland began to choke during mealtime on a piece of roasted cheese. The obstruction in the resident’s airway turned into a full airway obstruction within seconds. Staff acted quickly delivering BLS protocol which sadly could not dislodge the obstruction. A nursing assistant grabbed the LifeVac device out of its wall-mounted case and applied the LifeVac device which dislodged the full airway obstruction on the first application saving the resident’s life in seconds. The resident was given a medical examination following receiving BLS protocol and was given the “all clear”.
“Very good device, I’m a nursing assistant, so have dealt with choking incidences before. I have seen LifeVac being used before, so I knew it was good.” “Really easy to use & effective”.