It was a scary moment at a South Carolina restaurant when a 10-month-old baby started choking on a piece of pancake. Diners rushed to help the distressed family, but the Heimlich maneuver didn’t work. Salvation came in the form of a man named Major Hillard, who retrieved a device called a Lifevac from his car. Hillard used the Lifevac to try to suction the obstruction from little Gabriel’s mouth. After several plunges of the LifeVac device, success.
We are thrilled that Major Hillard had a LifeVac Travel Kit with him at this Restaurant. He is a true hero.